Sunday 10 October 2010

10.10.10 the training really does begin

Its amazing how time flies it is already 1.5 weeks since we heard we got into the London Marathon eek how did that happen. I sat there and thought oh ok we have 26 weeks but we dont have the luxury now!

However, as an aside its also a really happy day today as I heard that my big cuz had a lovely beautiful baby girl today so welcome to the world Aisling and congratulations Iain, Pu San and Annabel...... I promise I will get my cross stitch finished but then she is three weeks early!

Back to the training.

So today I had grand plans have a run in the morning, then Ian could go out for his and after all that we would take toots for a swim popping into Tesco's on the way home. The best laid plans of mice and men.

I woke up feeling lousy, toots was really clingy and didn't want to do anything at all. Eventually we made it to Tesco's at 11. Anyhoo we headed out for our runs in the afternoon and i headed out at 2.30 with my new iphone armband and my Nike+ gps app running.

Oh god did i suffer today I could barely run for one minute let alone the two I was supposed to. So fed up with it today but onwards and upwards and still managed to cover 5Km in 41mins and 8 secs with an average pace of 8.22km must do better.

Then after tea tonight I did the first night of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred as I need more strength in my legs, not sure if it will help that but hey if it means I actually lose some weight i really don't care.

Oh and in other news we are now the proud owners of a spanking never been used treadmill .... shame we have no room for any other furniture now so watch this space it may be going back on ebay very shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment