Sunday 17 October 2010

17.10.10 - 4 Miles and a Personal Best

Sundays are always our long run day but with both of us running it makes for a long day as we can't do it at the same time!

Anyway, it was my turn to go out this morning but it took ages to get motivated and away from the limpet child.

The run itself was up and down rather like the course actually. I was very proud at one point as my average pace was around the 6min 30 sec per KM mark but as the course got more uphill that all went to pot.

Didn't help that I had to stop and re-do my trainers thanks to my non falling down socks falling down lol!! Which means I now spot two rather pleasant blisters at the back off my heels ho hum the joys of running.

The best bit was completing 6.6km today or just over 4 miles in old money. The even better bit was hearing Paula Radcliffe's voice coming from my Ipod saying that I had a new PB for a 5km.
Yup that is right a PB, today I managed to run 5km in just over 38mins wooo hooo the best time I have done for a long time (still need to knock off 4 mins to get to where I was in 2006).

The 4miles I managed in exactly 50mins not fantastic but not too shabby either with an average pace of just under 8km or 7.5km per hour.

You know something although today was tough in a lot of places and I could have quite happily accepted a lift from well anyone, I actually felt a sense of achievement. What is more dare I say it.... I think I can do this. Ok so I still need to add another 22 miles to my distance but I have already achieved 4 miles..................... watch this space but with all the hills I am trying to run up surely this can be done?

No comments:

Post a Comment