Friday 1 October 2010

New Beginnings

So the day after getting the news that in six months time I will be hauling my butt around London. Today is officially the first day to change my life.

Me ... who am I? Why am I doing this?

Hmm I think I spent last night dreaming as to why I am doing this! In 2006 my H and I went on a weight loss journey shedding over 7 stone between us and took up running. During this time we decided that we were going to do the London Marathon no matter what.

Each year we filled in the forms and sent them off hoping that we didn't get in that year that we would have another year to do some mythical training.

Sorry jumped ahead there didn't I ... me well I am a mum thirty something to a fiery, fun and feisty 32 month old daughter. Work three days a week and attempt to get out every blue moon to begin running again. You see my training went to pot once I became pregnant and then I just couldn't be bothered.

So why is this changing my life? Simple to run a marathon I will need to be fit, and I certainly need to be a darn sight lighter than I am now....

so are you ready to follow my trials and tribulations of running and weight loss and generally attempting to be a decentish mummy? Who is going to somehow manage to juggle working, bringing up said daughter, looking the house and a husband too (who is also training btw!)

No comments:

Post a Comment