Friday 29 October 2010

29.10 What a week!

Hmm with a week of runs or rather failed runs like these I start to lose faith that I can do this marathon lark.

Wednesday I went out for a run in my lunch time, no bother I thought its only 2.2 miles but oh boy was I wrong. I have drive the route that I took many times and I knew it was hilly but nothing prepared me for the steepness and the effect of running into the North Sea wind.

And as for the road surface it got to the point where it was hurting my ankles to run any more and I ended up limping up the hill around Nigg bag and round the Nigg lighthouse. I duly returned back to work looking more purple than a ribenna berry and grumpier than a grumpy thing as I felt so down about it. However, on reflection I did manage the 2.2 miles in 28minutes.

Wednesday evening I went out for another run again I felt everything was against me! The goal was to do 4 miles but I cut it short as yet again my crappy asthma started to annoy me.... result another failed run or so i thought till I checked my times and i had actually managed those 2 miles in 24 minutes which I was quite chuffed with.

Roll on to tonight, its a howling gale here so I decided it was time for the treadmill to get its first airing, but oh my god just how hard are those things. I was pouring of sweat within 5 minutes and I couldn't get the right speed either!

Didn't help that we decided to go to Giraffe for dinner tonight, so it might have been a bit ambitious to think I could run one mile let alone that elusive 4! Yet again I had to give up but did so after 1.66 miles (in 20 mins).

I decided to attempt the rest of the 4 miles outside but forgot about the wind doh! And then my stomach started to become very very upset so home I headed after 0.66 miles so a crap day today.

And on reflection a pretty crap week all round for runs and I feel as if I am failing and ramping up the miles.

I am hoping that the mummy mantra of "this too will pass" is applicable in this situation......... fingers crossed the 6 miles on Sunday will give me a more positive outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment